Online Course Evaluation – How it works:
We are trying a new process for course evaluations using our online course system. We hope this will ultimately provide a smoother experience for you by allowing you to access your certificate immediately after completing the course evaluation. Here is how it works:
After the live meeting ends, you will receive an email with an evaluation access code.
- Log into this online course
- Under Course Content, click “Step 1: Access Evaluation” and follow the instructions to enter the code.
- After you enter the code, you will be able to continue to the next step of the course and complete the evaluation.
- After you submit the evaluation, click Mark Complete and you will be able to download or print your certificate. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a PDF.
Participants were guided through a brief tour of the history of both CRA and the CRAFT model, with particular attention to its relationship to Motivational Interviewing, its use of reinforcement and natural consequences, and the implications of CRAFT’s standing towards individuals with substance use issues and their loved ones; it culminates in a demonstration of CRA and CRAFT interactions, providing participants with a clear example of how the approach is applied. Finally, it introduces learners to resources and directions to pursue in order to further develop the skills needed to apply CRAFT with their clientele.
- Describe the process components of the CRAFT model.
- Explain the ethical implications of CRAFT.
- List three examples of positive reinforcement and three examples of negative consequences.
Participants will learn to support healthy changes for older adults with problematic substance use and their families.