Online Course Evaluation – How it works:
We are trying a new process for course evaluations using our online course system. We hope this will ultimately provide a smoother experience for you by allowing you to access your certificate immediately after completing the course evaluation. Here is how it works:
After the live meeting ends, you will receive an email with an evaluation access code.
- Log into this online course
- Under Course Content, click “Step 1: Access Evaluation” and follow the instructions to enter the code.
- After you enter the code, you will be able to continue to the next step of the course and complete the evaluation.
- After you submit the evaluation, click Mark Complete and you will be able to download or print your certificate. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a PDF.
There are many kinds of combat stress. Two of the most common are the physical wear and tear on the veteran, which can result in chronic pain, and post-traumatic stress. Chronic pain and PTSD frequently co-occur: 66-80% of veterans with PTSD also have chronic pain. This presentation will discuss several reasons why these two problems co-occur in combat veterans and how they exacerbate each other. It will address what we know about effectively treating the two problems in an integrative manner. It will also make recommendations regarding non-opioid approaches to treating chronic pain.
- Identify at least reasons why PTSD and chronic pain often co-occur in combat veterans
- Describe two promising integrative treatments for co-morbid PTSD and chronic pain.
- Identify at least two strategies they can take to assess and facilitate treatment of co-occurring pain and PTSD.