Online Course Evaluation – How it works:
- Scroll down to Lesson 1 in Course Content and click on Course Evaluation
- After you complete and submit the evaluation, return here and click the Mark Complete button. You will be able to download and print your certificate.
- The evaluation will remain open one month from the date of the course and must be completed within that time to receive continuing medical education or contact hours.
This webinar will highlight the management of anxiety disorders in the context of substance use. Assessment, diagnosis, and treatment options will be discussed, including SSRIs, other antidepressants, benzodiazepines, non-benzodiazepine anxiolytics, and psychotherapy. The presentation will also review management approaches when anxiety symptoms do not respond to initial treatment. At the end of the presentation, clinicians should feel more confident in their ability to effectively diagnose and manage anxiety co-occurring with substance use disorders.
- List three anxiety disorders that commonly co-occur with substance use disorders
- Describe the role of SSRIs and other antidepressants in the management of anxiety disorders
- Explain the appropriate use of benzodiazepines and non-benzodiazepine anxiolytics in the management of anxiety disorders